Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What is it REALLY like to be traveling for business?

Well! The novelty wears off very quickly, unfortunately. Most of the time I just want to order take out so I can go home, eat, and do my thing. If you want something more decent then take out then you'd have to either sit at the bar or sit by yourself at a table to eat. Maybe it's just me but I always get caught between staring at tv even of I don't care what's on tv or read the paper or book like some uncool dork.

Today, I needed something new, something refreshing after the past few weeks of being super sick while running around the office like a maniac. I avoided the after hour bar scene of canary wharf which is like everywhere and ended up at a steak and oyster bar inside a whole foods type supermarket named Waitrose. There's a wine tasting bar as well but I needed some good food! I ordered myself half a dozen of oysters, a glass of Chilean red wine, and a rib eye steak rare!!!! I didnt care that I was alone or what I was doing or who was watching, but omg! It was just such a self satisfying meal. Tummy beyond satisfied and the wine just was so good to have. Stress, worries, cough, and tiredness, all gone almost instantaneously.

1 comment:

  1. Agree, traveling for business alone is actually no fun. Glad you were able enjoy a great meal!

    ReplyDelete